MalwareByte suddenly blocks all my pages

I have a few web pages buit for about three months. They have always worked fine.

Starting yesterday, I cannot download any of my pages because my MalwareByte thinks they are malicious. Everytime I tried, MalwareByte gave me a message “Malicious website blocked”.

I’ve fixed this problem by adding my site as web exclusion under MalwareByte. But I hate to tell other people to do the same thing.

What caused MalwareByte to think my web pages are malicious?

I’ve researched further and found that my web pages don’t have a consistent IP address, which means they are sharing a pool of ip addresses of 000webhostapp.com. And according to the explanation of MalwareBytes, a high percentage of this pool are malicious, which is the reason why the entire pool is blocked.

So I think this must not be my problems only. Others must have them too.

How do you fix it?

More research… Norton has black listed www.000webhostapp.com. See below.

Shame abusive users ruining it for everyone.

You’d have to appeal to whatever site is flagging your site as being unsafe etc.

So if Norton is causing the issue contact them or if MalwareBytes is then contact them.

If the software is on your PC I’m sure you could whitelist your site etc.

I don’t use either of those so I’ve never encountered issues however I do use Avast/AVG and a browser add-on for protection but none have ever pinged up 000webhostapp.com

Will these sites, such as Norton, unflag 000webhostapp.com when I ask them?

If they flag sites based on ip addresses, then I don’t see why they want to unflag 000webhostingapp.com. After all, they have the job of protecting the end users.

On the other hand, if they flag sites based on the site name, such as name.000webhostapp.com, then there is a possibility.

I also hope that 000webhost.com can do something to get rid of those sites that are spoiling all other sites on 000webhostapp.com.

@BostonFern i suggest just add exception for 000webhost.com instead of asking them to unflag 000webhost.com.

Let me make sure I understand what you meant…

Do you mean I just add my site as an exclusion for MalwareBytes so my MalwareBytes will always allow my browsers to load my site, and I tell everybody who wants to see my site to do the same thing?

If yes, I’m afraid people may become suspicious of why I want them to do so. I hope there is a better solution than that.

what is your domain name/website name??

Also,given the popularity of MalwareBytes, I shouldn’t be the only person who has this trouble with their own site in 000webhostapp.com.
There must be something else that went wrong with my site.

humanists.000webhostapp.com

Your webpage opens without any problem on my end.
I guess…Its may problem be to them who use malwarebytes.(i guess very less use malwarebytes)
People people using malwarebytes…sholud either disable it or add as an exception.

Your site loads fine here for me.

I’d recommend contacting the parties that are blocking your site.

Post your site here to be unblocked by Malwarebytes https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/42-file-detections/

I wrote to MalwareBytes, and it’s now fixed.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like